Who I Am

My photo
My students call me Professor G. I am in my fifth year as an English language and literature professor at the University level and I honestly love my job. I teach: Remedial English, English Composition, Research & Writing, World Lit. I: Short Stories & the Novel, World Lit. II: Poetry & Drama, and Spanish I (just for some extra flavor). This semester, Spring 2012, I am trying a new tactic with my three sections of ENG 120: English Composition--I will not lecture. I am defining a lecture as me, the professor, monologuing (with or without visual aids and notes) for more than 10 minutes. Follow my journey as I chronicle the successes and failures as I experiment with taking the lecture out of the classroom.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fibro in the Tropics

I must apologize for abandoning my blog for a wee bit- I had many great reasons! The biggest reason is that I recently made a sudden move to the Caribbean (yes, really!). I don't have Internet access other than my iPhone yet, so bear with me for a bit.

We've been out running a few times since we arrived on Wednesday and my body has had mixed reactions. Overall, my body seems much happier to be back in warm, humid weather, but I have not been very good about taking my supplements since arriving. I'm doing ok on the runs, which gave been pretty short so far, but my body feels like lead when I'm moving. There are, admittedly, Tons of hills, which take their toll at times, but the fatigue is very obviously Fibro-related. I also haven't been sleeping very well, and I've been ready for bed around 9pm ( AST), but I think my body will figure things out when we're all moved in and I have a normal schedule.

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment