Who I Am

My photo
My students call me Professor G. I am in my fifth year as an English language and literature professor at the University level and I honestly love my job. I teach: Remedial English, English Composition, Research & Writing, World Lit. I: Short Stories & the Novel, World Lit. II: Poetry & Drama, and Spanish I (just for some extra flavor). This semester, Spring 2012, I am trying a new tactic with my three sections of ENG 120: English Composition--I will not lecture. I am defining a lecture as me, the professor, monologuing (with or without visual aids and notes) for more than 10 minutes. Follow my journey as I chronicle the successes and failures as I experiment with taking the lecture out of the classroom.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Beating the Clock

For the first time in a few weeks now, I managed not to wake up at 3am. I slept through until about 7, then dozed back off until 9:30 or so, one of the dogs on top of me. =)

I think my body's getting a little peevish at me for not having one much other than sit around in the snowed in house for the last couple days (and before that, fighting off my mean ole cold). I haven't been great about taking my supplements the last couple days, routine having been thrown off by the blizzard and all.

So...not much to say today. Back to J-Lo and "The Wedding Planner." (Believe it or not, I've actually never seen it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment