Who I Am

My photo
My students call me Professor G. I am in my fifth year as an English language and literature professor at the University level and I honestly love my job. I teach: Remedial English, English Composition, Research & Writing, World Lit. I: Short Stories & the Novel, World Lit. II: Poetry & Drama, and Spanish I (just for some extra flavor). This semester, Spring 2012, I am trying a new tactic with my three sections of ENG 120: English Composition--I will not lecture. I am defining a lecture as me, the professor, monologuing (with or without visual aids and notes) for more than 10 minutes. Follow my journey as I chronicle the successes and failures as I experiment with taking the lecture out of the classroom.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Beer Friday

The title really has nothing to do with the post, but it got your attention, didn't it?

So I've been off Savella cold-turkey since Saturday, six days. My back has been complaining a little, but I think it has more to do with my new job (sitting most of the day) and new bed than being off Savella. I'm still dealing with insomnia issues, but since I've been taking Soma to handle the back spasms...problem temporarily solved!

I haven't been running since this weekend since I've been getting used to my new schedule (you know, that whole working in an office thing). I'll probably get out Saturday and Sunday, and then hopefully figure out a routine for the work week after that.

So...I guess the boring moral of the story is that I'm feeling pretty decent, enjoying island life (I really am in the midst of Beer Friday, by the way), and not ready to leave the sun any time soon.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment